[amibroker] Re: 95% Channel formula

The lines are not straight and therefore are not parallel.  They
move up and down every day and will in fact look exactly like the MA
because thats what they're based on.

I have the formula in Amibroker already and the channels it creates
look quite nice and work well in both uptrends and downtrends.  It's
just that I have to adjust the coefficient manually and eyeball what
looks like 95% of prices.

I'm sure there is a way of mathematically calculating this formula...

Chris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sloughbridge" <sloughbridge@xxxx>
wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "indiana0352" <cs_winn@xxxx>
wrote:

> > Thanks for the info.  I'm not using Boll Bands simply because
Elder
> > says they're not based on volatility as BBands are.  Elder feels
> > that channels are more appropriate for stock trading because
they
> > give former price targets when channel trading.
> >
> > This seems reasonable to me but I wanted to see for myself.
>
> I believe if there were a formula to plot an MA and 2 equidistant
> parallel bands, within which would fall 95% of prices, he would
have
> provided it.
>
> You know what price trends look like, and how volatility ebbs and
> flows as that trend develops.  Can you imagine parallel lines
> surrounding a single MA containing a fixed percentage of the price
> action?

Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV
Easily record your favorite shows!
CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!