Re: [amibroker] Amiquote data downloads

Hi Steve,

SA> If unadjusted prices are now given, will MSFT be a $1000 stock?
SA> It doesn't seem to be on the Yahoo! pages I see.

That's now how they do it.  When you download now, you get simply the
actual price for each date, with NO consideration for a split
whatsoever.  So MSFT will show the same price as it really is trading
at right now, but there will be huge gaps in the chart, where the
splits are.

The bad part is that it is simply horribly horribly time consuming to
verify all these splits (there are hundreds upon hundreds).  The
WORST part is that "Purify Database" thinks there are some splits
where there were not, and there is no way to flag this as a NON-SPLIT
situation.  So, every time you run the tool, it's back there staring
at you.  There needs to be a way to tell the DP tool that a possible
split was not a split, so it will not keep showing it in the possible
split dialog.

Yuki

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM