Re: [amibroker] Re: FILTER questions.

I think we should take the load off Tomasz as far as possible.  He
accomplishes an incredible amount, but there must be a limit.  How many
instruments can a one-man band play?  Personally I would be willing to pay
considerably more for AB if the information were readily accessible.  Time
is the enemy.  When we have a question we want the answer NOW - we don't
want to spend a day or a week researching the tutorials, the Help file, the
web page, the Yahoogroups archive, the downloadable archive, and sifting
through all the irrelevant returns.  That is why people address their
questions to this group and Tomasz daily pleads for us to "Read the Help
File".  I think Tomasz should hire a technical editor to lick things into
shape.

As a comparison, the Eudora e-mail program has a Help file, a Quick-Start
Guide, and 468-page PDF Manual that is surprisingly well indexed and
cross-referenced, and which I find easy to use.

For my own use, with the idea of organising information, I have recently
acquired the Treepad program (http://www.treepad.com/), which calls
itself  an Organizer, Personal Information Manager, Database, Word
Processor, Search Engine & Web-site Generator, Photo Album and more!  It is
a tree-structure that is highly adaptable, with multiple branches,
parent/child and sibling/sibling nodes that can be rearranged at will, and
hyperlinks to both internal and external documents..  It's own instruction
manual is an example of the use of the program.  It doesn't do what the
Isys program does, but is considerably more affordable.  For anyone
interested, it can be downloaded free for a 30-day evaluation.  Now if I
can just find time to put it to work . . .

HHP