RE: [amibroker] Re: Import problem, filling RT in QQQ ticker

Thanks
Dale, but no go...in fact it got stuck and required a hard-reset. I reduced
the import file to 20 lines but no diofference. I used to do this type of thing
without any problem :-(
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Anybody know where to find this topic in the Help? I can't seem to
find how to fill an empty stock with custom data.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
thanks
again!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dingo
  [mailto:dingo@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 12:38
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker]
  Re: Import problem, filling RT in QQQ ticker
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Click the "No quotation Data" to "checked" status.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>d

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herman van den
    Bergen [mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, September 13,
    2003 12:36 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
    [amibroker] Re: Import problem, filling RT in QQQ
    tickerThanks HB, but it doesn't make any
    difference, still get this error:Logging started for
    'C:\ProgramFiles\AmiBroker\QQQMinData\qqq1yr1min\qqq.txt' file, using
    format definitionfile 'Formats\wizard.format'Error in line
    08/08/2001      14:35
    41      41.04
    40.91      40.95
    886400Invalid (close) price. Prices must be positive. If you want to
    import noquotation data please specify $NOQUOTES 1 ('no quotation data'
    box inWizard)herman-----Original Message-----From:
    hmab1 [mailto:hossamb@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003
    12:27 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Import
    problem, filling RT in QQQ tickerHerman,Your first
    column is the date; you should not be skipping it.Your column
    definitions should be: mdy, time, etc.HB--- In
    amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"<psytek@xxxx>
    wrote:> perhaps some kind soul can step me through this
    ...>> I have a 1-year QQQ data file in this
    format:>> 08/08/2001
    14:35   41      41.04
    40.91   40.95   886400>
    08/08/2001      14:36   40.95
    41      40.84   40.85
    296700> 08/08/2001      14:37
    40.85   40.88   40.8    40.83
    721400>> and want to load this data into an empty QQQ ticker i
    created in anew> real-time database (1-min) with 50000bars depth)
    . Using the importwizard I> defined fields as
    follows:>>>> I keep getting the error msg (each
    line) : "Error in line08/08/2001 14:35> 41 41.04 40.91 40.95
    886400 Invalid (close) price. Prices must bepositive.> If you
    want to import no quotation data please specify $NOQUOTES 1('no>
    quotation data' box in Wizard)".>> I have no Negative values
    anywhere.>> What am I doing wrong? Any help would be
    appreciated,> herman.>> PS. I did look through the Help
    but could find how to add ASCIIdata to an> empty
    ticker.Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
    SUGGESTIONS to
    AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
    group FAQ at:<A