[amibroker] Strange behavior while displaying externally stored data...

TJ,

I'm using a ABTool-managed, externally stored table to store some
calculated data for each symbol. When I try to display a value in the
column from an indicator, I see a rather strange behavior. Say my
indicator is something like following pseudo-code -

----------

handle = LoadTableAndGetHandle();
col = GetWhichColToDisplay();
val = 0; // Value to display

for( i = 0; i < BarCount; i++ ) {
  val = GetValFromTable(handle, i, col); // i being the row
}

-----------

When I first time insert this indicator, a plot gets created with
values shown. However as soon as I click somewhere else in the chart,
all values displayed drop to zero (may be because I initialized it to
zero?). Then onwards, if I click "Edit Formula" again and hit Apply,
the values flash on the chart for a fraction of a second, and then
disappear.

I'm not sure if this is ABTool problem (I've posted a question on
their list to figure out what the best way to display the values is),
but what could cause the chart to behave this way? I've tried a
number of things, such as defining handle as "handle[0]" to see if it
loads the file only once, or just loading it inside the loop only
when "i == 0" and then reusing the handle value, etc, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Jitu