[amibroker] Re: Optimize function

Bill,
I have posted in the past the walk-forward optimization.
Here is the basic principle, for a restricted period optimization
[year2002 in the example]
of a Stochastic o/b, o/s system :

k=Optimize("k",40,30,50,10);
d2002=DateNum()>=1020101 AND DateNum()<1030101;
LastTradingBar=(d2002==0 AND Ref(d2002,-1))*DateNum();
Buy=d2002*Cross(StochD(),k);
Sell=d2002*Cross(StochD(),70) OR DateNum()==LastTradingBar;

Hit now Optimize for
*current stock
*all quotations
AA will see only 2002 dates.
It is important to exit any open trade by the end of the test period,
else the last probable Open trade will last for ever !!
The solution is that{  OR DateNum()==LastTradingBar } statement.
Dimitris Tsokakis