Re: [amibroker] Re: Optimize function

From: "Stephane Carrasset" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>nenapacwanfr@xxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 11:55
AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Optimize
function

> Bill,> > do you mean if you
Backtest for example NDX on the last 500 bars> do you want optimize an
indicator on the 500-400 bars?? then keep the > optimized value on the
400-1 bars ??

I was not thinking of that, but your
scenario is along the same lines and would be a another important option.
I was actually thinking of the problem from 180 degrees around.
Specifically, for a dataset of, for example, 1000 bars optimize only over
the last 500 and display the equity curve for that range.  It is possible
to only consider (and display) the equity for a specified number of bars (e.g.,
the last 500 bars), but I don't see how to restrict optimization to those
bars.  Certainly not with the available arguments for
Optimize.
<FONT
size=2>> > Stephane> > > It is my understanding that
the Optimize function operates on all > data.  So,> > for
example, if one is looking at equity for a portion of the data >
(e.g.,> > Equity(0, 1, 100) Optimize still operates on all data.
Does anyone > have a> > work-around that will force Optimize to
only consider a specified > range of> > data?> >
> > Thanks.> > > > Bill> > >
---------------------~-->> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark> Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
$50 or more to the US & Canada. <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<FONT
size=2>> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM<FONT
size=2>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->>
> Send BUG REPORTS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2> > >