  >From:
  Patrick
  Hargus
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 8:47
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] help with
  adx/dmi
  Hi Ron,Yes such a cross can be a good indicator
  (along with some others) at leastgoing up.  And try some other time
  periods for the ADX besides the default14.  I've written a separate
  AA and indicator, but it is not on this machineso I'll have to give you
  just the crossover code.  Try this:Buy =
  Cross(PDI(),MDI());Sell = Cross(MDI(),PDI());I'm a fib fan, so
  I've done some optimization using fib numbers with ADX()and its
  components.  Good luck and let us know if you find the Holy
  Grail.Peace and Justice   ---
  Patrick-----Original Message-----From: rmortonmd
  [mailto:mortonr003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 11:08
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] help with
  adx/dmiI've been trying to work with the built in adx/dmi line and
  havefound that the +cross (+DI going above -DI) has been
  ratherpredictive of stocks that I have made money on.  Conversely,
  whenthere is a -cross (-DI going above +DI) I have routinely lost
  moneydespite the fact that other indicators had not recommended a
  sell.What I would like is to be able to do a scan for times when there
  isa cross.  I tried to modify the built in file
  with:    Buy = cross (pd, md)    Sell =
  cross (md, pd)and I kept getting a syntax error pointing to the second
  "l"in "sell".I then tried:    Buy = ValueWhen(
  Cross( pd, md ))    Sell = ValueWhen( Cross( md, pd
  ));again, getting the same syntax error.Any help in automating this
  process would be much appreciated as Ithink that this may be a very
  effective tool for narrowing down mystock list for potentially high profit
  buys.Thanks,ronSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
  group FAQ at:<A