From: rmortonmd [mailto:mortonr003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 11:08 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] help with adx/dmi

I've been trying to work with the built in adx/dmi line and have
found that the +cross (+DI going above -DI) has been rather
predictive of stocks that I have made money on.  Conversely, when
there is a -cross (-DI going above +DI) I have routinely lost money
despite the fact that other indicators had not recommended a sell.
What I would like is to be able to do a scan for times when there is
a cross.  I tried to modify the built in file with:
    Buy = cross (pd, md)
    Sell = cross (md, pd)
and I kept getting a syntax error pointing to the second "l"
in "sell".

I then tried:
    Buy = ValueWhen( Cross( pd, md ))
    Sell = ValueWhen( Cross( md, pd ));
again, getting the same syntax error.
Any help in automating this process would be much appreciated as I
think that this may be a very effective tool for narrowing down my
stock list for potentially high profit buys.
Thanks,
ron