[amibroker] Re: Unusual Happening with Adjusted Prices

The problem, besides the fact that the reported volume gets totally
absurd is that MOST, not all, data vendors keep prices with 2 or 3
decimal digits of accuracy which is fine until they split.  A $128 /
share stock after it's split 2 for 1 7 times is $1 / share but still
only reporting 2 decimal digit accuracy on the adjust prices which in
essence means every move up or down in price to the adjusted price
prior to any split is a minimum of 1%.  This presents a totally
different and inaccurate picture to a program analyzing price
movements.  If you think my example above is extreme then take a look
at the price history for ORCL.  You'll see that it has split enough
times over the last 10-12 years that a 0.01 price move back in the
days prior to these splits now amounts to about 13-14%.  This is
hardly a lone or isolated case.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> This is my first look at the subject of adjusted vs unadjusted
prices.  I assumed a historical starting point of 100 shares selling
at $100 per share. This computes to $10,000.00 starting capital.

> After one split, I calculated a price of $50 per share,200 shares,
$10,000 capital.

> After the second split, I got a price of $25 per share,400
shares,$10,000 capital.

> After the third split, I got a price of $12.5 per share, 800
shares,$10,000 capital.

> After the forth split, I got a price of $6.25 per share, 1,600
shares, and $10,000 capital.

> After the fifth split, I got a price of $3.125 per share, 3,200
shares, and  $10,000 capital.

> After the sixth split, I got a price of $1.56 per share, 6,400
shares, and $10,000 capital.

> If you carry this forward for a few more splits, the price will
become  very
small.