Re: [amibroker] Unusual Happening with Adjusted Prices

This is my first look at the subject of adjusted vs
unadjusted prices.  I assumed a historical starting point of 100 shares
selling at $100 per share. This computes to $10,000.00 starting
capital.

After one split, I calculated a price of $50 per
share,200 shares, $10,000 capital.

After the second split, I got a price of $25 per
share,400 shares,$10,000 capital.

After the third split, I got a price of $12.5 per
share, 800 shares,$10,000 capital.

After the forth split, I got a price of $6.25 per
share, 1,600 shares, and $10,000 capital.

After the fifth split, I got a price of $3.125 per
share, 3,200 shares, and  $10,000 capital.

After the sixth split, I got a price of $1.56 per
share, 6,400 shares, and $10,000 capital.

If you carry this forward for a few more splits,
the price will become  very
small.

Apparently, calculations using very small prices
are more likely to result in incorrect
results.

Is this the reason that back adjusted prices are
suspect, or are there other reasons?

I would like to hear comments regarding my
conjecture here.  Ron D

<BLOCKQUOTE