[amibroker] trade arrow lodations

<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>Dave, thanks for responding. Using your way of
describing it, then I want the day that has the trade arrow attached to it to be
located about 30% to the left side of the HARD RIGHT EDGE of the
chart.  This would allow me to
instantly view the falling chart action and the condition of the
indicators that I based my scan on.   Since the
Amibroker program always positions the chart with the trade day close to the
left side of the chart, I have to move the chart to the right in order to get a
good look at what the price action of the stock was doing as it was dropping in
price.
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003><FONT
color=#0000ff>I want Amibroker to move the chart to the appropriate
horizontal location so that the trade day, and therefore the trade
arrow, is located  where I want it to be.  In other words, I want
Amibroker to do the chart moving instantly for me, so that I do not have to move
it everytime myself.
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003><FONT
color=#0000ff>Hope this helps. I attached a screenshot so you can easily see
what I am talking about.  Ron
D  <FONT face="Courier New" color=#0000ff
size=3>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>hi ron, I might be completley misunderstanding
your question, but the horizontal position of trade arrows is to put them on the
day they're generated. so if your system sets buy to 1 on 8/1/02, that's the day
the trade arrow shows up. typically, that's the most useful thing, so you can
look back over a period of time and see where the trades
were.
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>if you want something to appear at the hard right edge
of the graph, regardless of zoom level or scrolling, I'm not sure how you'd do
that, since that could be pretty much any day.
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>sorry if I'm missing the point,
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>
<SPAN
class=910372503-09092003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE

  I am in the process of reading how
   to do explorations.  Up to now, I  only run
  scans.

  I run scans that  look at ALL QUOTATIONS and
  I then view the charts by clicking on SHOW CURRENT TRADE ARROWS.

  The chart then pops up with the trade
  arrow located  about 17% of the chart width inward from the left
  edge of the chart.   I would like to have the option to change
  the settings, or use AFL to make the chart pop up with the trade arrow
  located  about 30% away from the right edge of the chart.  This
  would allow me to instantly view the trend situation and the
  condition of the indicators that I based my scan on.

  BTW, my scans are trying to catch falling knives,
  and I look at the trajectories of the falling knives in order to
  fine-tune my scans. On the right side of the trade arrow, I only need to
  be able to see the first pullback or
  consolidation.

  Once I think a scan is ready to use
  for trading, I would like to have the ability to make the trade
  arrow appear at the HARD RIGHT EDGE of the chart.  Then, I will be
  able to practice actual trading of the scan results.

  Maybe this is already possible.  I
  would appreciate  reading various thoughts on this
  subject.  Ron