[amibroker] Re: AFL -- ACCDIST

Found this old thread while doing search on AccDist...

Q: Does anyone know how to create a comparable AccDist indicator?
I've read that dividing by sum of volume normalizes it, but I'm not
sure how that leads to comparable values.

Some sites (I think IBD does this too) produce ranks like A to E for
AccDist. Anyone has a clue how that's done?

TIA,

Jitu

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> Ah ha... Williams' A/D is a bit different.   Keep in mind that the
value of
> the A/D line at any point will depend on the exact day you start the
> calculation.   You may never match the exact values for A/D.  You
should,
> however, be able to match the change in the value each day.   Let
me know if
> that needs more explanation.  Here is the formuila for Williams'
A/D:

> To calculate Williams' Accumulation/Distribution indicator, first
determine
> the True Range High ("TRH") and True Range Low ("TRL").
>

> Today's accumulation/distribution is then determined by comparing
today's
> closing price to yesterday's closing price.
>
> If today's close is greater than yesterday's close:
>

> If today's close is less than yesterday's close:
>

> If today's close is equal to yesterday's close:
>

> The Williams' Accumulation/Distribution indicator is a cummulative
total of
> these daily values.

Nperiod
>   Volume, and to be able to vary the period.  In playing with the
>   formulae, I discovered that the AB internal formula gives quite
>   different numbers than I am able to get.  I'd really like to know
the
>   internal formula for AccDist so I can understand what I'm doing
wrong.

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx