  >From:
  mmqp
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 1:54
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: OT:
JSCRIPT
  Dave,Thanks for responding.  My application is to
  download current AB ticker stock quote from Yahoo into a file; I then
  strip all the HTML junks and search for Open,High,Low,Close,Volume
  informations and insert these into AB.  Kind of poor man intraday
  quotes.  I had this working with previous Yahoo format (a bit
  simpler).  Now they reformatted their quote page therefore I looked
  for a more robust solution.  I know you would ask why not use
  Amiquote;  This is just a start for me because I would like to extend
  the codes for other datas as fundamentals etc.  I was hoping Jscript
  has a function that helping me do this.--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave
  Merrill" <dmerrill@x...>
  wrote:> in my other life as a programmer, I've built a crude
  version of this using> regular expressions, but it's not pretty
  code and doesn't give you pretty> results.> > a lot
  depends on the context you're in, how complex and how consistent
  the> structure of the documents are, and what kind of result you want.
  will this> be running in a browser? a known-to-be-recent version of
  IE, or any random> browser that comes across a public web site's
  front door?> > if you have to deal with any and all browsers,
  you're very limited in what> you can do. recent browsers,
  especially IE, have very sophisticated> scripting addressing a very
  sophisticated document object model, and you can> do a lot. I'm not
  big fan of microsoft, and there's certainly stuff that> will make
  you crazy, but that said, it's pretty powerful.> > are the
  documents all the same stucturally, but with different content? if>
  they were, say, an h1 followed by 3 h2s, each of which has a paragraph
  of> text after it, then an hr with some plain text after it, you (or I,
  if> you're not a js guy) could write something to pull out the text
  of each of> those sections and make it a separate paragraph. if you
  have some control> over the documents themselves, you can imbed
  hidden codes to help parsing.> > are you trying to preserver
  anything about the formatting? if you're just> grabbing the text,
  it's easier, but if it needs to end up as a Word file,> for
  instance, life is harder.> > I guess the short answer (too
  late...) is that you should post a little more> about the actual
  problem you're trying to solve, and we/I'll give it a> whirl. write
  me off list if you want; I'm a web/database developer>
  professionally.> > Dave Merrill> > > Does
  anyone know how to strip all the HTML codes using JSCRIPT?
  TIA------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
  ---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP,
  Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or
  more to the US & Canada. <A
  href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
  BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/