RE: [amibroker] Re: new Yahoo web format

Keep
in mind that I'm talking about EOD data.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Also
keep in mind that ALL data vendors have bad data as it arrives from the
exchanges that way and is out of their control.   The difference
between vendors (IMO) comes from the effort they put into cleaning up the
data.   CSI sends out thousands of data corrections every day, some
going back 10, 15 even 20 years.   I report data errors to CSI and
they get fixed and distributed the next day.   Many other serious
users do the same.   Whether any of those changes are processed by
Yahoo... who knows?
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 11:42
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: new Yahoo web format
  I have been reading that Yahoo's historical data comes
  from CSI and Chuck Rademacher has said that CSI is his main source of
  data.  Does CSI have
  several different groups of historical data, some of which is not back
  adjusted and dirty, that they sell to Yahoo?  Below, I have copied on of
  Chuck's comments about CSI data.

  CSI has the advantage of having backadjusted and
  actual prices.  IMO, their data is also much cleaner.

  Rik, perhaps you mean that the Yahoo servers are
  not the most reliable when you say that
  Yahoo certainly is not the best source of data.  Ron D
  <BLOCKQUOTE