RE: [amibroker] Off topic: European union about to change the law concering software patents... the road to nowhere

Yes, it is global bureaucracy designed to help the big guys at the
expense of the little guys.

Tomasz, I suggest you implement a two pronged strategy.

1.  Immediately prepare and file numerous patents on various software
algorithms which are present in Amibroker.

2.  Immediately speed up your development of new features such that if
1) fails and you are prevented from continued selling of AB (without
thieves royalties to pay), that we users will have the features already
in hand.

Other than you need two or three of yourself to do 1) and 2)
simultaneously, and other than your livelihood is being threatened,
what's to worry about.

Sorry for the levity...this kind of thing stinks.

Ken

concering software patents... the road to nowhere

Hello,

Soon any progress in software may be blocked by lawyers, read more on
this here:

http://www.ffii.org/

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko