[amibroker] Re: Amibroker Stability

RICK,

Amibroker reguardless of what you think is one of the best out
there, there are a lot of us here in the group who may be able to
get your question answered.  I was a metastock user / Tradestation
user / and lots of other programs user.  The big difference is when
there is a problem with the program he usually gets it resolved
quickly.  Compared to metastock, 7.2 was ok but 8.0 was a complete
roundfile program and I would love to give examples but that is not
why I am writing this. At anyrate Metastock took MONTHS not days to
get a patch out and from what I am told my some of my M.S buddies is
that the bugs are still massive...  Be patient... Currently I am
also experiencing some issues with my intraday feed but Tomasz is on
the ball with helping get things back working... I have extreme
faith in this program and in the developer.  Things will get better
just stick with it.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick Parsons" <RickParsons@xxxx>
wrote:
> I am using 4.41 Beta with Windows XP, 512MB of memory.  I
know "beta" versions will have bugs.  However I have had more
crashes and problems than I can recall in the past.  I have emailed
TJ several times without response.  One issue I bought up with him
weeks ago regarding problems with PARAMS is still unanswered.

> Some problems I have been having:
>   a.. PARAMS entered into several panes are not saved during
sessions.  When I reopen Amibroker, PARAMS contain garbage and rest
are missing.
>   b.. Amibroker sometimes crashes when syntax errors are found in
AFL.
>   c.. Plot statements will display a line in a pane but if I hit
the "+" or "-" button to expand, contract data on the chart or
change the intraday period, the line will disappear.
>   d.. Amibroker crashed when I opened Automatic Analysis and
Loaded an AFL file.
>   e.. There are other issues, mostly minor.
>
> I have been more than patient with these errors.  But at this
point I am using Amibroker for real time trading and these
crashes/problems are very disruptive to my trading.  This program
needs to be stabilized.

> TJ has been great, has developed a great program.  But I need to
be frank and state that the stability of this program needs to be
worked on.