[amibroker] Re: Tillson and Jurik

Steve,
here is some technical data
          %Net profit    Exposure
simple       +1170%       97%
MA21          +496%       60%
TDseq1        +748%       77%
TDseq2        +400%       74%

TDseq1 and TDseq2 are two TomDeMark sequential applications from my
recent posts on the subject. They accept Buy signals when
the "environment" is expecting a buy signal.
I do not think it is easy to choose one of these 4 techniques.
Any opinion ?
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
<kernish@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > DT,
> >
> > Any trend qualifier can be substituted.  A couple years ago, when
> released this version to the public, I was using a simple moving
> average to screen for trades.  In most robust approaches to the
> markets, trading is usually enhanced by only taking trades in the
> direction of the trend.  This accomplishes two things (usually):
> keeps you out of nasty trades that are going against direction and
> reduces the number of days in the markets.
> >
> > The real question is:  what the hell is the "trend"?  I'm afraid
> don't have a single objective answer for that one.  I do have a
bunch
> of objective answers:  13sma; 21sma, TRIX(21), and a bevy
> of "homemade" trend indicators.
> >
> > What I find, in almost all the testing, is that most systems
return
> higher points in the raw form.  What most people don't consider is
> the time committed to these trades.  You state that the simple
system
> returns +1170% and the condition brings it below +500%.  Have you
> factored or considered that the qualifier keeps you out of the
market
> for "x" amount of days?
> >
> > The only "real" return that I look at is: percent per day
return.
> +1170% is a very spiffy return, but I'd rather take +500% if I only
> have to commit 1/3 of the time to accomplish it.
> >
> > Just something to keep in mind when one is comparing results.
> Result analysis and ranking of issues are the most bastardized
issues
> that mechanical traders have to deal with.
> >
> > Take care,
> >
> > Steve

Tillson