Re: [amibroker] Batch Ticker conversion

Don,

You can easily and completely automatically append ".AX" extension to
all symbols in your database in a few seconds
using this very simple SCAN script:

EnableScript("jscript");

ticker = Name();

<%

ticker = AFL("ticker");

AB = AFL.CreateObject("Broker.Application");

AB.Stocks( ticker ).Ticker = ticker + ".AX";

%>

Buy=0;

Use: Automatic Analysis, Scan, apply to all stocks.

Reverse process is also possible:

EnableScript("jscript");

ticker = Name();

noext = StrLeft( ticker, StrLen( ticker ) - 3 );

<%

ticker = AFL("ticker");

AB = AFL.CreateObject("Broker.Application");

AB.Stocks( ticker ).Ticker = AFL("noext");

%>

Buy=0;

Make sure to use View->Refresh ALL
to refresh ticker list after processing.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com