[amibroker] Re: Help, Adding stocks to Sector Folders in AB??

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mroman59" <mroman59@xxxx> wrote:
> With my download of AB, subfolders were created under the "Sectors"
> Folder, for example Basic Materials, which has sub folder Paper and
> Paper Products. There is one stock under each folder, I assume so
> that the folder will appears as in when one setting up watchlists.
> Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to populate these folder
> with stocks that belong in these Sectors? Is there a dowload file
> that would make this easier to populate or even a website that will
> list the stocks to each sector that is described in AB.
>
> Thank You
> MR

MR,

You could use the screener at www.Multex.com to get lists of symbols
in each sector or industry group. Its still a manual process of
entering the symbols.

I posted a similar question awhile back, but didn't get an answer.

Also, on the AB site there is a utility that will set this up for
you, but it uses different industry groups than the AB default group.
Still it may be worth your while. Here's the link:

http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab305.html

I use the Multex universe for doing fundamental research so I've been
laboriously adding the tickers in list form and then using the tool
(I forgot the name - something like "Manage Groups") in one of the
pulldowns to set the market for between NYSE and Nasdaq. Then I scan
the NYSE stocks for whether they are Amex or NYSE and change them
using the "Information" form.

Hope that helps.

-ace