RE: [amibroker] Data Problem

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Steve,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Your
chart isn't even close.   I've checked my CSI, Reuter's and TC2000
data and they all agree and are all quite different from yours.   I'm
showing a current price around $22.   Furhtermore, the stock didn't
even start trading until October, 2002.   Very
strange!!!
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Almond
  [mailto:steve2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, September 02,
  2003 9:08 AMTo: AmiSubject: [amibroker] Data
  Problem
  Recently, I seem to be finding more and more price data errors in my
  stock database.

  OK, I'm using the free data from Yahoo!, MSN or eSignal (downloaded using
  Amiquote). Strangely, though, all three data sources often carry the same
  errors.

  Let me use an example, then ask for a solution:

  Please check your chart of TONE and look at the period from 12/19/97 to
  10/2/02. Does your data look stupid or normal? Attached is my chart (which
  seems the same using data from any of the three services).

  Now, what's the solution. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive accurate US
  stock data service which is accessible on the internet (I live in the UK, so
  data disks from the US are not practical)?
  Can I buy just some historical data, and then "top it up" with one of the
  free services going forward?

  Thanks,

  Steve

   Send