RE: [amibroker] Re: Is there Historical data already adjusted for splits?

If you
are willing to pay then you might want to take a look at Quotes plus (QP2) and
TC2000. Both are clean and are natively read by AB. QP tends to offer a bit more
fundamental data but both are extremely clean...

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: cby
[mailto:cby1@xxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 6:07
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Is
there Historical data already adjusted for
splits?Thanks Chuck - EOD is what I meant - should have
been more specific. I was hoping to be able to use one of the "native" data
sources, but I guess once you work through the logistics of ASCII import
once, you're done.Chris--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:> I should point
out that all three of the data vendors I recommended are> really only
suitable for EOD data.   Others on this list can help you
with> realtime data providers.>   -----Original
Message----->   From: Chuck Rademacher
[mailto:chuck_rademacher@xxxx]>   Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003
5:45 PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Is there Historical data already adjusted
for> splits?> > >   I can recommend CSI
Unfair Advantage and Reuter's (using the free> MetaStock
downloader).> >   CSI has the advantage of having
backadjusted and actual prices.  IMO,> their data is also much
cleaner.   You would have to use their utility to> convert
from their internal format to MetaStock or ASCII format.>
>   Reuter's has the advantage that you can download it
directly in MetaStock> format.> >   You
should also consider TC2000 data.  It comes with some excellent,
free> software.>     -----Original
Message----->     From: cby
[mailto:cby1@xxxx]>     Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003
5:40 PM>     To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     Subject: [amibroker]
Is there Historical data already adjusted for> splits?>
> >     Which (if any) of the data vendors
(e.g., Yahoo, MSN, etc) supported>     by AB
provide data that are adjusted for splits? I know Yahoo
does>     not. It sure does screw up your
backtesting when they don't :-(.> >     Yes,
there is the AB purify tool, and it's great if you're
just>     testing a stock or two, but if you're
testing a bunch, should you>     really have to
run down every possible split?> >     Thanks
in advance,>     Chris> > >
> > >     Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx>     Send SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxx>