[amibroker] Detecting strengthening oscillators

Hi,

Is there a preferred way to detect a strengthening oscillator? ROC,
LinRegSlope, etc.

I am developing an End of Day system that incorporates the trend-
following Method II in the book 'Bollinger on Bollinger Bands'.

Bollinger suggests getting ready to go long when the Money Flow Index
(MFI) oscillator exceeds 80. And he suggests starting with an MFI
parameter value that's half that of the period used for the
Bollinger Bands, which for me is '20'.

So I started with code like this:

   Buy = MFI(10) > 80;

But to get fewer, better signals I am thinking that this code might
be better:

   Lookback = x;
   Buy = MFI(10) > 80 AND Ref(MFI(10),-Lookback) < 80;

Or perhaps:

   Lookback = x;
   SlopeMin = y;
   Buy = MFI(10) > 80 AND LinRegSlope(MFI(10),-Lookback) > SlopeMin;

Or:

   Lookback = x;
   ChangeMin = y;
   Buy = MFI(10) > 80 AND ROC(MFI(10),-Lookback) > ChangeMin;

Any suggestions?

Also, can anyone comment on the use of '10' as my MFI parameter?

Finally, has anyone else developed a system using Bollinger's Method
II? If so, any suggestions?

thanks

-john