RE: [amibroker] Re: TOMASZ... read/write parameters setup from files.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Dennis:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
You
"might" can get this functionality now by writing a very simple automation
program that acts as a "shell" for AB.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Since
the AA Settings form's contents can be saved / loaded both manually
and via automation and the settings for the AA form can also be set both
manually and via automation a program could be written to store your various
combinations in files and then putting the names of those files in a comment in
your AFL.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The
shell program could then have a list of AFL files in it and buttons for Scan,
Explore, Backtest, Optimize. When one of the buttons is clicked the shell
program could read the AFL file; look for the approp comment; and load the
settings before running the appropriate AA function.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 10:20
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  TOMASZ... read/write parameters setup from
  files.Tomasz,You're right... 'periodicity' or
  'currently selected symbol' need tobe in the 'Setup' panel.Most
  others however could (and should) be definable with the
  SETOPTIONcommand.Like:  Positions
  Commission Types and Rates  Reverse entry sig forces exit
  Buy, Sell, Short, Cover   price types of O, H, L, C or
  Average  All of the 'Stops' tab settingsAt the very least,
  any setting that could change backtesting resultsshould be definable with
  the SETOPTION command so that the User hasabsolute control withing AFL
  without having to try to 'remember' whichsettings need to be set for each
  AFL file.Regards,Phsst--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
  <amibroker@xxxx>wrote:> There is a group of parameters that
  can be set during AFL> execution, but there is also a group that must
  be set> *before* AFL execution (such as 'periodicity' or>
  'currently selected symbol'> - of course you can use Foreign at any
  time) this is required> because AFL engine has to setup predefined
  variables> (like OHLCVOI for currently selected ticker) before
  starting> to execute your code (that assumes that these variables
  are> setup properly)> > > Best regards,>
  Tomasz Janeczko> amibroker.com> ----- Original Message -----
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 5:54
  AM> Subject: [amibroker] Re: TOMASZ... read/write parameters setup
  fromfiles.> > > > I posted a similar suggestion
  about three weeks ago.> > > > PLEASE... Make all of the
  SETUP parameters available to AFL so that> > the manual control of
  SETUP parameters can be TOTALLY ELIMINATED with> > AFL
  designations.> > > > Phsst> > > > ---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"> >
  <psytek@xxxx> wrote:> > > Yes, this is a very desirable
  feature. I also have different systems> > that> > >
  require different Settings, while some parameters can be initialized>
  > from> > > the code it would be convenient to be able to
  "attach" a setup file> > to a AA> > > file or to have a
  command to "#include" the setup file into the> > code. The>
  > > #include statement could be if()d to accomodate per-symbol
  setupfiles.> > > > > > best regards,>
  Message-----> > > From: mmqp [mailto:mmqp@xxxx]> > >
  Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 4:26 PM> > > To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > Subject: [amibroker] read/write
  parameters setup from files.> > > > > > >
  > > Hi,> > > Has anyone tried to read/write parameters per
  symbol from a files?> > > Would you care to share the codes or
  the procedures of performing> > > such task?  I have a
  system which contains different initial> > > parameters setups
  for each symbols.  I would like to read this> > > parameters
  setup file each time a new symbol is selected.  TIA> > >
  bugs@xxxx> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> > >
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
  group FAQ at: <A