Re: [amibroker] Re: Quote Plus // eSignal

Ed;

Jayson's comments are the same as I view it.

Indeed you can collect more than 50, as many as you
want, for EOD, or even intraday.  Its easy for EOD, as you can update that
relatively easily.  However for intraday, you must periodically refresh
before the 60 day limit is reached, otherwise you will have some gaps.
With a bit of organization, not a problem.

Actually, my favorite and usual combination,
although "not supported", is to keep my favorite 50 stocks in one
database.  In creating it,  I had the settings set to EOD to collect
as much of that as possible.  Then switched to 1 minute interval, and
backfilled the 60 days for all 50 stocks.  This works well for me, as the
regression lines for EOD are accurate, for Hourly,  rarely does a
regression line want to go back more than 60 days, and never for minute
intervals.  So the in one set of 50, I can do almost all I want to
do.  The advantage of this is you can use the intraday real-time, but drop
back to a larger view with full EOD data.  Much faster than keeping 2
copies open, one for EOD and one for Intraday.   And of course you can
keep other much larger EOD databases for evaluations etc, for after hours checks
and screening.

Tomasz know about this, hence the note about "not
supported".   Tomasz may add some cabability to make a supported form
of this approach, or accomplish the same thing with some additional code.
In any event, using eSignal in RT mode works well, as described
above.

Actually you don't have to start with 50, but with
whatever number you want, being careful to switch to EOD before adding a
stock,  then switch back to your smallest interval for the backfill and
normal use.   And you can always delete a symbol, and add a different
one.  I believe quite a few of us actually only track a few stocks
real-time, since familiarity with a particular stock/company is an advantage,
certainly from my experience.

Richard
<BLOCKQUOTE