RE: [amibroker] loading all quotes, more than bars set in prefs

<SPAN
class=702095416-18082003>Dave,
keep
in mind that there is a setting in prefs/charting that sets the default number
of bars shown on a chart. under file/database you can set the number of bars
that ab loads. In AA you can easily choose the the range of dates to run tests
or explorations on. The settings in Pref and database are across your entire
database the settings in AA can be limited to a single stock or watch list of
stocks...

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: john gibb
[mailto:jgibb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 12:11
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
Dave,maybe we are not communicating, but the method below will load
extra datafor ONLY the one security, IBM in my example. Data for all other
securitiesremains as specified in the preferences.-john-----
Original Message -----From: "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxxxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 8:55
AMSubject: RE: [amibroker] loading all quotes, more than bars set in
prefs> thanks for your reply john, but that'ts not what I meant.
I'm not talking> about downloading more data than I have already, but
about *loading* more> bars into AB than than are set up in
prefs.>> for example, I just got a trial of QuotesPlus, and
there's data going back> to, I think '92. AB's default prefs are to load
100 bars, roughly 3 years,> which is probably enough to make most kinds
of current decisions. when I> bring up a stock, I only see the 3 years
that are loaded, like you'dthink.>> but say I'm working on a
timing system, and want access to all the data I> can get my hands on for
the one stock I'm looking at. it's already here,but> AB's not loading
it, because I told it not to in prefs. the only way I can> see to get all
the available data is to change my prefs to load, say, 3500> bars, and
when I do that, I see all the data there is.>> the downside of
that is that AB will now load all those years of data for> anything I
look at, when all I really wanted was extended data for the one> stock I
was looking at.>> make sense? anyone know a way to do this? no
biggie if it's not possible,> just trying to make sure I'm not missing
something.>> dave>>> > hopefully there is
an easier way than this, but the steps for me, using> > End-of-day
Amibroker and Yahoo as a free data source, are:> >>
>     -create a text file, with a TLS extension,
containing the symbol of> > interest followed by a carriage return; eg
ibm.tls> >> >     -save this text file
in the ..\Amibroker\Amiquote subdirectory> >>
>     -open Amiquote and then this text file>
>> >     -in the From date field, put in the
appropriate desired beginningdate> > for my data; eg
01/01/1991> >> >     -choose File |
Start Download> >> > -john> >> > >
say I've got AB set up to load the standard 1000 bars, but right
now,I> > want> > > to load all data available for the
current symbol, only. is> > there any way> > to> >
> do this?> > >> > > if not, I'd like to suggest it
for a future release.> > >> > > Dave
Merrill>>>> Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A