RE: [amibroker] loading all quotes, more than bars set in prefs

thanks for your reply john, but that'ts not what I meant. I'm not talking
about downloading more data than I have already, but about *loading* more
bars into AB than than are set up in prefs.

for example, I just got a trial of QuotesPlus, and there's data going back
to, I think '92. AB's default prefs are to load 100 bars, roughly 3 years,
which is probably enough to make most kinds of current decisions. when I
bring up a stock, I only see the 3 years that are loaded, like you'd think.

but say I'm working on a timing system, and want access to all the data I
can get my hands on for the one stock I'm looking at. it's already here, but
AB's not loading it, because I told it not to in prefs. the only way I can
see to get all the available data is to change my prefs to load, say, 3500
bars, and when I do that, I see all the data there is.

the downside of that is that AB will now load all those years of data for
anything I look at, when all I really wanted was extended data for the one
stock I was looking at.

make sense? anyone know a way to do this? no biggie if it's not possible,
just trying to make sure I'm not missing something.

dave