RE: [amibroker] New user

Arthur:  Welcome to Amibroker and the AB "world".  There are a bunch of
FastTrack users here (myself included), as well as many, many generous
people who will reply to questions, almost any questions you ask.

Almost all of us ask that new users frame their questions as
specifically as possible, with examples, screen shots if necessary, and
some description of what has been tried and what is still lacking.

Most importantly, people give freely of themselves especially when they
can detect that the person asking the question has taken the effort to
read the users manual.  A second step of self-help is to download the
message archives (yes, it is a long series of downloads, but it brings a
searchable database of ALL previous messages).

The total return can be displayed in the title (with proper programming
of the title statement) and can be referenced to the poles or vertical
indicators.  Details in the help files.

As others have said before, the "best" way to learn the program involves
reading the tutorials in the users manual and trying some of the
examples. Then try some simple things and reference the help files for
specific questions.  Start simple and work your way up to more complex
implementations.  Visit the Library at the AB site and download some of
the published code there (only after you have done some basic stuff with
the users manual).

Follow the messages here and when someone posts a reply answering some
topic of interest to you, try the answer yourself and learn from it.

Finally, as you move along and get stuck, publish a request for help
along the lines I described in the first paragraphs.

You will be surprised as how fast your familiarity with common features
grows.

Hope this helps,

Ken

PS:  AB is not FastTrack, although it can do many of the same things but
with different code and commands.  It will of course access the
FastTrack database through the plugin.