RE: [amibroker] Re: MIN function not working

This was introduced in version 4.32.0

experimental feature, NOT for beginners, may be removed/modified in
future releases: new _TRACE( "string" ) AFL function addedthat
allows to write debug messages from AFL code to system debug viewer.(it
calls internally OutputDebugString Win API function).To view debug messages
you have to run DebugView freeware program from <A
href="">http://www.sysinternals.com/

Regards,William Peters<A
href="">www.amitools.com
-----Original Message-----From: Email [<A
href="">mailto:romadd64@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: August
16, 2003 3:32 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
MIN function not workingPhsst,Using the no-procedural style
of AFL, you can write :CoverPrice =
LLV(Ref(H,-1),BarsSince(Short));One question : what is SPY ? It's
useful for debugging AFL ? (Tomasz,please note for wish list : DEBUGGER !!!
;) ) romadd64--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:> Chuck,>> That might be
the problem. I'll check it out.>> Phsst>> --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"> <chuck_rademacher@x>
wrote:> > Phsst...> >> > Aren't you completely
overwritting CoverPrice when you say:> >> > CoverPrice =
x;> >> >   -----Original Message----->
>   From: Phsst [<A
href="">mailto:phsst@x...]> >   Sent:
Thursday, August 07, 2003 2:19 PM> >   To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Subject: [amibroker] MIN
function not working> >> >> >   In a
SHORT backtest I want to make my own assignments to the> >
CoverPrice array... then use the CoverPrice as the 'trailingbuy
stop'> >   price that I use to stop out a position.>
>> >   I NEVER want the CoverPrice to INCREASE.>
>> >   I ALWAYS want the CoverPrice to either REMAIN
UNCHANGED ORDECREASE> >   with each new bar.>
>> >   I've tried many gyrations of AFL code to
accomplish this andhave> >   spent more hours on it than
I care to admit to, but I havenarrowed my> >   problem
down to the failure of the MIN function to return thelowest>
>   value.> >> >   Here is an
extremely simple exploration to demonstrate theproblem:>
>   ------------------------------------------> >>
>   // Explore and Debug Trailing Stop logic> >>
>   for( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ ) // Pad CoverPrice array
withHIGH> VALUES> >   {> >
CoverPrice[i] = 99999;> >   }> >>
>   // I verified that entire CoverPrice array now padded
with99999's> >> >   x = Min( Ref(H,-1) ,
Ref(CoverPrice, -1) );> >   CoverPrice = x;>
>> >   Filter = 1;> >> >
AddColumn(x,"x = Min(Ref(H,-1),Ref(CoverPrice, -1))",6.3);>
>   AddColumn(Ref(H, -1),"Ref(H, -1)",6.3);>
>   AddColumn(Ref(CoverPrice,
-1),"Ref(CoverPrice,-1)",6.3);> >
AddColumn(CoverPrice,"CoverPrice",6.3);> >
AddColumn(H,"H",6.3);> >> >
----------------------------------------> >> >
Run the above exploration against any current issue (I'mtesting with>
>   SPY) in AB and you will see that in the statement:>
>> >       x = Min( Ref(H,-1) ,
Ref(CoverPrice, -1) );> >> >   variable x is
ALWAYS being assigned the value of Ref(H, -1)instead of>
>   the lowest value of the two values.> >>
>   Am I missing something or is this an AB issue that I need
torefer to> >   Tomasz?> >>
>   Regards,> >> >   Phsst>
>> >> >>
>         Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >>
>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> >   Send
SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
Terms ofService.------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP,
Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more
to the US & Canada. <A href=""
target=_blank>http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
href=""
target=_blank>http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web page: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check
group FAQ at: <A
href=""
target=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.htmlYour
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to <A href=""
target=_blank>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/