[amibroker] How does Date() return the date ?

Friends,

( Sure ... sure ... Date() returns a string which contains the date
in the particular locale format.)  However, my questions is how
exactly does Date() determine what to return ?

Say if I have only 3 securities in database, one of them that has
data from beninning of year thru August 5th, second from beginning of
year thru August 8th and third from beginning of year thru August
13th.  Then what is returned by Date() in such a database and why ?

Regards,
- Salil V Gangal