[amibroker] Plotshapes for specific date/time; use of adodb.recordset obj

Hi,

Basically, I've got an access database of trade signals, and I'd
like to chart the signals (buy arrows) on AB charts. I've struggled
with two issues. The first is using the recordset object. I can
create it, open it and call methods without any errors. I can't seem
to access any properties, however, as in EOF and RecordCount. I get
syntax errors when I do, and adding parantheses gives "method
failed" errors. I can use EnableScript("jscript") and process the
recordset there, but I'd prefer not to. Anyone have experience with
this?

The second thing I have to solve is plotting the buy arrow shapes on
specific dates. The solution that has occurred to me is, simply,
create an array with the same number of elements as there are bars,
and set the elements that correspond to the desired dates to true.
I'm just wondering if there's a quicker way I'm not thinking of.

Gordon