RE: [amibroker] MIN function not working

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Phsst...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Aren't
you completely overwritting CoverPrice when you say:
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
CoverPrice =
x;
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Phsst
  [mailto:phsst@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 2:19
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] MIN
  function not workingIn a SHORT backtest I want to
  make my own assignments to theCoverPrice array... then use the CoverPrice
  as the 'trailing buy stop'price that I use to stop out a position.
  I NEVER want the CoverPrice to INCREASE.I ALWAYS want the
  CoverPrice to either REMAIN UNCHANGED OR DECREASEwith each new
  bar.I've tried many gyrations of AFL code to accomplish this and
  havespent more hours on it than I care to admit to, but I have narrowed
  myproblem down to the failure of the MIN function to return the
  lowestvalue.Here is an extremely simple exploration to demonstrate
  the problem:------------------------------------------// Explore
  and Debug Trailing Stop logicfor( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ ) // Pad
  CoverPrice array with HIGH VALUES{CoverPrice[i] =
  99999;        }// I verified
  that entire CoverPrice array now padded with 99999'sx = Min( Ref(H,-1)
  , Ref(CoverPrice, -1) );CoverPrice = x;Filter =
  1;AddColumn(x,"x = Min(Ref(H,-1),Ref(CoverPrice,
  -1))",6.3);AddColumn(Ref(H, -1),"Ref(H,
  -1)",6.3);AddColumn(Ref(CoverPrice,
  -1),"Ref(CoverPrice,-1)",6.3);AddColumn(CoverPrice,"CoverPrice",6.3);AddColumn(H,"H",6.3);----------------------------------------Run
  the above exploration against any current issue (I'm testing withSPY) in
  AB and you will see that in the statement:     x = Min(
  Ref(H,-1) , Ref(CoverPrice, -1) );variable x is ALWAYS being assigned
  the value of Ref(H, -1) instead ofthe lowest value of the two values.
  Am I missing something or is this an AB issue that I need to refer
  toTomasz?Regards,PhsstSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.