[amibroker] Re:Recent Patterns

I'm not familiar on how to set a range date for indicators.

Regarding totaling of hits.  Looking at the exploration you'll notice
it lists the number of patterns and the number of dayups.  I know the
formula calls for cum(pat) but I thought N=5 would look back only 5
days and total the patterns and dayup from there.  I even tried N=245
and same result.

Admittedly I was under the impression N=1 meant start at the first bar
at the beginning of the chart.  So N=5 would mean ignore the first 5
bars.  Guess I'm wrong on that.

Wait a minute!  It just occured to me.  Am I to understand that if I
select N=1, I will only get 1 entry line for all the hits found in 1
bar.  But if I select N=20 it will give me multiple entry lines as
there are hits within those last 20 bars?   I guess that would be a
good way to find out the dates the results occurred.

I put the same pattern in the indicator list to mark the chart where
it found the pattern.  My goal is to find the pattern if it occurred
on the last bar and have it shown on exploration and marked on the
chart via indicator.

Hope I explained it clearly.  I do have a problem not understanding
why people can't read my mind.

Dominick

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> Dominick
> When you do an exploration on the last 5 days it will give you
results for
> each of the 5 days, therefor you get your conditions satisfied for ABC 2
> times during that 5 day period. If you have a 1 day period chosen,
it only
> looks at the last day on the chart, and thus can only ever give you one
> result.
>
> Not certain what you mean by totalling all hits on the graph of the
> condition. An indicator or exploration will go through all of the
chart from
> the beginning and work its way up to today. If you only want the
last few
> days (etc) for the indicator or explore you would need to set a
range start
> date for it, and anything before that would be Null.  Don't know if
I have

> Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer