RE: [amibroker] IQFeed and AB

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Geo,
<BLOCKQUOTE

   Is IQFeed the same as
  the DTN.IQ? I saw some promo from DTN.IQ with somegood pricing for equity,
  futures and options as compared to eSignal. Myquestion is: will the AB
  plugin work with whatever DTN.IQ provides (Isuspect that it is based on
  IQFeed).I welcome feedback from anyone actually using DTN.IQ and
  Amibroker. Thanks.<FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>

have tried AB real time with DTN.IQ, and it worked fine. As far as I
understand IQ.FEED is a bare datafeed, whereas with DTN.IQ you can use
their software package: but the feed is and remains the
same.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>However, access to the feed can be obtained via a subscription for AB or
Medved QT or other charting software: amazingly each package carries a different
price for the same feed.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>DTN says this depends from different usage that depends from the software
you are using: for example AB has much longer backfilling needs than QT (the
latter is maximum 5 days). So, they say, sometime in the future, users
having subscribed with QT prices, might not be able to access the datafeed with
AB.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Last. The DTN.IQ subscription allows you to get (with DTN
s/w) timely news for free, as this is included with the
subscription.

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>FOREX is also available but carries a surcharge.

have tried DTN.IQ, but decided not to skip MyTrack, which I am currently
using, s they are about the same price but I can pay MyTrack
monthly.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
suggest you to try DTN.IQ and see for yourself.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>alberto