From: Tomasz Janeczko [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 28 July 2003 8:55 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Displaying composite

Graham,

This is by design. Foreign function MUST synchronize the data file you are
referencing with the currently selected symbol.

Synchronization makes sure that EACH bar of FOREIGN data matches exactly
with each bar of currently selected symbol

So if DateNum() function returns 990503 for given bar
then Close array represents the CLOSE of currently selected symbol at May 3,
1999 and Foreign("SYMBOL", "C") represents close of foreign symbol at May 3,
1999 TOO.

This is absolutely necessary because otherwise you won't be able to do ANY
meaningful operations involving both selected symbol and foreign symbol.

This also needed for the display so when you mark the quote with vertical
line it will always match the date displayed regardless if you use Foreign
or not.

Otherwise you will end up in complete mess not knowing if data match or not
and what date is really represented.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com