[amibroker] Re: MAcross, EMAcross Prediction [some recent examples]

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "emarco" <emarco@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Dimitris.
> This works really good in my trading system.

That“s great !!
> But the only drawback I found is that you might get more signals in
a choppy
> market compared to the normal crossing..(.rarely though)
> Have you found this also? Or I might missunderstanding something?
> thanks for sharing your work
>
> juan

It is already described by the beginning of this thread.
Any prediction procedure goes through the respective statistics :
Accurate signals, useless signals and false signals.
The statistics in these prediction series were quite good.
I would advise to read this 10-day thread, if you are interested for
details.
The main ref is [from bottom to top]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/44996
You will find the AFL codes to make your own statistics.
Dimitris Tsokakis

20Predictions.txt
> Your example is an EMA-EMA cross and needs the EMAcrossClose.
> Here is the analytic code
>
> k=150;p=13;EMAk=EMA(C,k);EMAp=EMA(C,p);
> // The regular cross conditions
> Buy1= Cross(EMAp, EMAk);
> Sell1=Cross( EMAk, EMAp);
> // The virtual Close for EMAcross
> EMAcrossClose=((p+1)*(k-1)*EMAk-(k+1)*(p-1)*EMAp)/(2*(k-p));
> // the prediction cross conditions
> Buy2=Cross(C,EMAcrossClose);
> Sell2=Cross(EMAcrossClose,C);
> Plot(Buy2,"",5,2);Plot(Sell2,"",4,2);
> Plot(2*Buy1,"",1,2);Plot(2*Sell1,"",2,2);
> // Optimize to Select the best buy/sell condition
> t1=Optimize("t1",2,1,2,1);
> t2=Optimize("t2",2,1,2,1);
> Buy=IIf(t1==1,buy1,buy2);
> Sell=IIf(t2==1,sell1,sell2);
>
> For t1=1, t2=1  you have the regular cross conditions.
> For t1=2, t2=2 you have the prediction cross conditions.
> Note that the performance of a system is not always improved with
> delay=0.
> For some systems delay=1 is better.
> [Note also you have for many stocks a Long entry in March[April]2003
> still open.
> It is quite profitable and disturbs the whole picture, since you
have
> very few trades.]
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "emarco" <emarco@xxxx> wrote:
> > Dimitris,
> >
> >             Thanks for sharing interesting codes.
> > I would like to use the prediction EMA cross in my system.
> >
> > buy: cross(ema(c,13), ema(c,150));
> >
> > Sell: cross( ema(c,150), ema(c,13));
> >
> > what should i include for predicting this ema cross?
> > thanks
> >
> > juan

TOMORROW","")
> +
> >   WriteIf(Cross(MAp,MAk)," , Bullish MAcross","")+WriteIf(Cross
> (MAk,MAp)," , Bearish MAcross","");
> >
> >   The same story was described by the Prediction curves graph.
> >   The [black] MAcrossClose attempted to cross the [green] actual
> ^VLIC Close line, but the last moment change its direction.
> >   The [red] EMAcrossClose was watching from a distance, without
any
> specific intention to cross the actual Close.
> >   For ^VIX the graph was more dramatic. The black line was ready
> cross the green and change direction the last two days.
> >   The message was clear from both sides : LetĀ“s go back to the
top
> for a while and leave the bearish mood for another [better]
> opportunity.
> >   Dimitris Tsokakis

description]

> >   As explained at
> >   http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/44790
> >   the next bar Close necessary for an MAk, MAp cross is
> >

> >   MAcrossClose=(p*(k-1)*MA(C,k-1)-k*(p-1)*MA(C,p-1))/(k-p);
> >   With similar math procedure we may calculate the next bar Close
> necessary for an EMAk, EMAp cross
> >
> >   EMAcrossClose=((p+1)*(k-1)*EMAk-(k+1)*(p-1)*EMAp)/(2*(k-p));
> >   Let us see a qualitative comparison:
> >   The green line is the actual Close, the red is the EMAcrossClose
> and the black is the MAcrossClose.
> >   We may see some periods with absurd high [or low] values. The
> trend is very strong, a probable cross
> >   which would signal the change of the trend is not visible in the
> near future.
> >   The highest [lowest] prediction curves point gives the turning
> point of the market.
> >   [H1, L1 for the MAcrossClose and H2, L2 for the EMAcrossClose ]
> >   A descending cross confirms the bullish trend.[point X]
> >   An ascending cross confirms the bearish trend. [point Y]
> >   When both red/black lines are descending, we have a mutual
> confirmation of the trend.
> >   [covariant lines area]
> >   When they have opposite directions, the phase is ambiguous and
it
> is better to wait for more clear signals.
> >   [contravariant lines area]
> >
> >   For your own further analysis, paste in your indicator builder
> the code
> >
> >   // MAcross, EMAcross Prediction curves, by Dimitris Tsokakis,
> July 2003
> >   Plot(C,"Close",5,8);
> >   K=30;EMAk=EMA(C,k);// Plot(EMAk,"EMAk",1,8);
> >   p=20;EMAp=EMA(C,p);// Plot(EMAp,"EMAp",2,8);
> >   EMAcrossClose=((p+1)*(k-1)*EMAk-(k+1)*(p-1)*EMAp)/(2*(k-p));
> >   Plot(EMAcrossClose,"EMAcrossClose",4,8);
> >   MAcrossClose=(p*(k-1)*MA(C,k-1)-k*(p-1)*MA(C,p-1))/(k-p);
> >   Plot(MAcrossClose,"MAcrossClose",1,8);
> >   GraphXSpace=5;
> >
> >   For some periods the description of the stock behavior may be
> quite reliable.
> >   Enjoy !!
> >   Dimitris Tsokakis
> >
> >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> >

> >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> Service.
>

> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx

Buy Toner for Your Printer or Fax at LaserTonerSuperstore.com-Save 55%!
We have your brand: HP, IBM, Canon, Xerox, Apple and many more for less!
http://www.LaserTonerSuperstore.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YmQqWC/qicGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM