RE: [amibroker] Re: My custom indicators and charts are gone

<SPAN
class=201352304-24072003>Mark,
FWIW I
simply save all the broker.* files on a weekly basis. If your database blows up
you still have all your indicators trendlines, etc. I also make a practice of
saving all my custom indicators to a separate directory and back that up as
well....

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: mark_mrachek
[mailto:mark_mrachek@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 12:09
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: My
custom indicators and charts are goneHello
Graham,Thank you for the reply.  I did not save the layout
through preferences.  I built a layout with price, macd, and buy and
sell signals (plotShapes) on it and set it as the default layout.  I
have used it successfully for the past 5 days, now it doesn't load, even
when I try to manually open the layout. I ended up re-installing the
application.  I'll start from scratch again.  Can you
share the best backup strategy for AB so I can avoid this frustration in the
future?Thanks,MM--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:> Mark> Do you have the save
layouts etc checked in the preferences. Sounds like> they did not
save> > Cheers,> Graham> <A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading>
<A
href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia>
> > -----Original Message-----> From: mark_mrachek
[mailto:mark_mrachek@xxxx] > Sent: Thursday, 24 July 2003 7:22 AM>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] My custom indicators
and charts are gone> > > I bought AB last week and have not
had any problems until today.  I > ran a backtest and exported the
results.  I closed AB, then re-opened > it and now my custom
indicators and charts are gone.  > > I have checked the
newgroup archives (downloaded from AB) and there > are threads about
databases that are corrupt, but nothing about > indicators and charts
disappearing.> > Has anybody experienced this?  If so, what
is the solution.> > Thanks,> MM> > >
Buy> Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com Free
shipping on> orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.> <A
href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp>
<A
href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM>
group FAQ at: <A