[amibroker] Re: Random selection of stocks

Hello Chuck,

I think in the same terms that you expressed regarding using filters
against a full blown database to narrow down selections. That approach
does not necessarily translate into 'holy grailism' as expressed by Yuki.

But from Yuki's post about trading only 5 stocks, I concluded that
there surely must be a great potential benefit from being so
intimately familiar with a small number of highly liquid stocks that
you can see their charts in your sleep. You should be able to develop
superior instincts regarding support/resistance/volume relationships.
So I'd like to take a shot at that approach too. I don't have to
abondon one trading system for another. What is the old saying...
variety is the spice of life.

So now I'll spend a few days filtering down to my target basket, and
then start applying some rules to trading them to see what shakes.

A new quest...

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"
<chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:
> I wasn't going to reply to Yuki's comment about "looking for things that
> work across a random selection of stocks is a waste of time", but
Fred has
> sort of got me motivated to do so.
>
> I understand why Yuki made the statement, but I prefer to do the
filtering
> process (that she is manually doing) within my trading system.
Yuki, what
> makes you select certain stocks for trading?   You don't need to
answer that
> question, but I feel that whatever anyone does to create a watchlist can
> become part of the AFL code.   By doing it as part of the trading
system,
> stocks will come into and go out of the list, without my
intervention, for
> backtesting and for trading forward.   When a stock no longer has that
> "look" that I like, it will just disappear from my list of orders to
place.

> Just my three cents.

Control Hunger EZ with fast acting oral EZ Appetite Suppressant Spray
from VitaminBoost.com. 1 Month Supply - 2oz., 80 sprays: $19.97.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aSJFwB/XWXGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM