[amibroker] Re: Please send unmarked bills, in a brown paper bag, to: ...

I'm not sure I agree with the statement that "looking for things that
work across a random selection of stocks is a waste of time".

Part of the process that makes this viable i.e. reduces random
selection to specific tradables can of course be a scoring/ranking
ranking.

When properly applied this too works.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> Thursday, July 17, 2003, 12:16:45 PM, you wrote:
>
> F> If we had a system and it was only good enough to trade the S&P
> F> wouldn't that be sufficient whether that was in the form of
> F> EMini's,  Options, ETF's or what have you ?  Does any particular
> F> system have to  work across a basket of whatever to be viable ?
>
> Absolutely, it is not necessary.  I am making hay, lots of hay,
> trading the same 5 stocks over and over according to a system.  They
> have made money with this system as far back as I can test.  They
> continue to make money.  Other stocks break even with the system.  I
> don't know why.  I don't really care either.  I will continue to
> trade the 5.  Someday they may stop working.  On the other hand,
they
> may not, as I can't find a significant time frame where they
haven't.
> But if they do, I'll look around for something else that works.
>
> Looking for something that works across a "random basket of stocks"
> is A) a waste of time in my opinion, because B) it makes you Pope of
> The Universal Church of Holy Grailism, which kicked me out years ago
> for heresy. ^^_^^
>
> Yuki

Control Hunger EZ with fast acting oral EZ Appetite Suppressant Spray
from VitaminBoost.com. 1 Month Supply - 2oz., 80 sprays: $19.97.
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aSJFwB/XWXGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM