[amibroker] Re: Problem with Equity Plot and Calculation - Tomasz

CS,

The arrows preceding the start date were shown because I
selected "show arrows for all raw signals" so that it would be clear that the
system should be short as of 2/23/01. Attached are screen shots of the equity
plot with the price plot showing "arrows for actual trades," the AA window
showing the abbreviated report, and the trade list section of the full report.

The problem I have is with the first trade shown on the
reports, "Out" on 2/23/2001, proceeding until the "Long" starting on 4/18/2001.
This is the flat start of the equity plot. Since the moving average trading
system was in a state of being short at the time I started the test, why don't
the results show the trade starting off "Short" right away? What if the first
signal after the start date, 2/23/01, were 6 months later? I want my trading
system to start working on the first day of the test. In the real world, I
certainly wouldn't be sitting out for who knows how long, if the moving average
(or whatever) were saying be Short.

When you ran the code, did your results not look like these I
am posting? If not, I would you be able to send a screenshot to show me what I
am missing?

Thanks for pursuing this with me. I definitely want to get
this straightened out.

Bill