RE: [amibroker] Re: Help with SetTradeDelays please!

think that I was just reading more into what you said than what you
meant.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
It
should work as you intend if you set the delay = one.   That will
give you a signal after the close today to buy at the open tomorrow.
Your stops will be based on your buy price.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Part
of the confusion comes from where you say "<FONT face="Courier New"
color=#000000 size=3>How do I setup this scan with no delay for the entry. ie:
to alert me to buy at tommorrows open?"
<FONT
face="Courier New">
<SPAN
class=338411410-15072003>Buying at
tomorrow's open is actually a delay of one, not
zero.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Glenn
  [mailto:glennokb@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 6:12
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  Help with SetTradeDelays please!Chuck,Thanks
  for your reply.Guess I didn't explain to well. Here goes...At
  the CLOSE of today I do a scan.If any stocks come up I'll buy them at
  tomorrows OPEN.I want this OPEN price to be used in calculating the
  profit exit or initial stop. These stops may occur weeks from when I buy
  it.The problem I noticed is the DAY that the profit and initial stop
  is calculated.Cheers Glenn.--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x>
  wrote:> You're confusing me, too, on several points.> >
  1.  If you want to buy tomorrow's open based on what you know
  today> (O,H,L,C), you should use a delay of one (1) day.>
  > 2.  I do not understand why you would sell it at the open on the
  same day> that you bought it at the open.   Why not just
  give money to your broker and> not bother with the trade?>
  From: Glenn [mailto:glennokb@xxxx]>   Sent: Tuesday, July 15,
  2003 5:46 AM>   To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: [amibroker] Help with
  SetTradeDelays please!> > >   Hi,>
  >   I have setup a scan in the AA for my EOD system and the
  delays are>   confusing me.> >   How
  do I setup this scan with no delay for the entry. ie: to alert me
  to>   buy at tommorrows open and here's the tricky bit, I
  want the sell signal>   to use the open of the day I
  actually bought it.> >   I want this for calculating
  the profit exit and the initial stop ie: NOT> the>
  open of the day that the I was alerted.> >   I am
  using this following the buy/sell code:> >
  --------------------8<-----------------------> >
  ApplyStop( stopTypeProfit, stopModePercent, 25, False, False);>
  >   ApplyStop( stopTypeLoss, stopModePercent, 20, False,
  False);> >   PositionSize=5000;>
  >   SetTradeDelays( 0, 0, 0, 0 );>
  >   Equity(1);> >
  Probably something really simple but it escapes me :(>
  >   Do I need to run 2 scans one for the buy (as above) and a
  2nd with>   SetTradeDelays( 1, 0, 0, 0 ); ?> >
  >   TIA> >   Cheers
  GlennSend
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.