Re: [amibroker] Re: Going to IQFeed ... and encountering problems.

In a message dated 7/14/2003 3:16:11 PM Central Daylight Time, mmqp@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Subj: [amibroker] Re: Going to IQFeed ... and encountering problems.
 Date: 7/14/2003 3:16:11 PM Central Daylight Time
 From: mmqp@xxxxxxxxx
 To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent from the Internet

One thing I experienced is IQFeed.dll plugin is very sensitive in
the way it's opened and close by an application.  If you have it
opened by an application (your excel spread sheet) then you opened
AB RT.  You must closed the application in reverse meaning last-in
first-out or you'll lose connection to the feed.  I am still having
problem once in a while with QT and AB RT running at the same time.
Something to do with synchronization between these applications and
the IQFEED plugin.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fujeira

Thanks for this additional information. I resolved my problem by placing the IQFeed.dll in the PLUGIN subdirectory. I had placed it in the AmiBroker subdirectory because I thought that was where all .dlls were located since my first set of instructions was to place the Broker.dll in there.