RE: [amibroker] Re: Learning

Yes
grasshopper.....you learn well......   <g>

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dom1_1998
[mailto:Dom2000@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 3:47
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
LearningOk Jayson the > 1,0,makes sense.Now
please explain this.  There are 250 bars loaded.  I have a 4
barcondition that must be met before I get a 1 or 0 count.  Are
you'resaying it's counting whether a 4 bar condition is met or
not.Wait a minute.  Lightning just hit me in the head.  I'm
thinking thata 4 bar condition MUST BE MET before a 1,0 count is issued but
you'resaying that case, it's if ANY ONE OF THOSE 4 BARS doesn't meet
thecond. It gets a 0.Did I get it right??--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
Dominick,> today's close, ($36) is greater than 1 (when the condition is
true) and> close, ($36) is also greater than 0 (when the condition is NOT
true)> therefore close is greater than every bar.......> >
Regards,> Jayson> -----Original Message-----> From:
dom1_1998 [mailto:Dom2000@xxxx]> Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 3:18
PM> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re:
Learning> > > Just so I can anchor this.> >
Are you saying that when a condition is met I get a 1.  And when I
say> cum(c>ref(cond,-1), it looks at the actual value of
today's> close,($36) and determines that's more than 1 so count
it.> > If so, I can understand that.  But what puzzles me is
not every bar or> combination of bars meet the exact specified
condition.  Therefore the> cum(c>ref(cond,-1) number should have
been less than the total bars> loaded.> > I got a
headache.> > >       Yahoo!
Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.