RE: [amibroker] Re: DT - List of NDX constituents?

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Determing the trend of the NDX has been made easy thanks to the many
excellent tools you have published for this group to read.   That's
why it's easy and that's why I asked you for the historical
references.   I've already updated my database using the information
gathered from the site you supplied.  I have emailed NASDAQ and asked
for data going back to when Jesus was a little fellow.   No doubt
they have the information.  It will simply be a matter of
cost.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Thanks
again.  You saved me some surfin' time.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
  [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:03
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
  DT - List of NDX constituents?"...I'm not worried
  about the ability to detect trend changes in the index.That's
  easy..."Well, Chuck, if it is easy for you [and I don´t have any reason to
  doubt] give us please two or three methods to detect the N100 trend
  changes and the list will be grateful to you for years !!!Anyway, I
  hope the ref will help Dimitris Tsokakis--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher" <chuck_rademacher@x>
  wrote:> The answer to your "so what" is that I can't PROPERLY backtest
  NDX stocks> without knowing approximately when they came into
  and/or went out of the> NDX.   You can backtest your way,
  I prefer to do things differently.   I'm> not worried
  about the ability to detect trend changes in the index.
  That's> easy.  The index takes care of itself.  But I want to
  have a rolling basket> of NDX stocks going back at least 10, and
  preferably, 15 or 20 years.> > For S&P 500 stocks, my
  database knows (within a week) when any stock became> a
  consitituent or ceased to be a constituent back to 1950.   I now
  want to> do the same for NDX stocks.   I guess you could
  say that I'm a "data holic".> > Thanks for the URL.  I
  see it goes back to 1995.  That will get me going.> >
  Cheers>   -----Original Message----->
  From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxx]>   Sent:
  Thursday, July 10, 2003 6:15 AM>   To:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: [amibroker] Re: DT -
  List of NDX constituents?> > >   Chuck,>
  >   See the detailed list>   <A
  href="">http://www.nasdaq.com/indexshares/historical_data.stm#2001>
  FYI, I have posted a [slightly provocative in title] message "So
  what">   the next day of the last extended N100
  change.>   The main MeanIndicators have the same behavior,
  before AND after.>   This fact increased my basic principle
  for the directionality of this>   market. And, btw,
  directinality means profits through composite>
  tickers...>   Dimitris>   --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher">
  <chuck_rademacher@x> wrote:>   >
  DT,>   >>   > It seems that you are
  the man when it comes to NDX trading, so I>   thought
  I>   > would see if you can help me.>
  >>   > I know where to get a current list of NDX
  constituents.   But, do>   you
  have,>   > or do you know where I can get, historical
  constituent lists?   For>   > instance, all
  of the NDX companies on 1/1/2002,  1/1/2001, etc.?>
  Any>   > assistance would be
  appreciated.>   >>   > TIA>
  > >         Yahoo!
  Groups Sponsor> > > >   Send BUG REPORTS
  to bugs@xxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxx>
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.