[amibroker] Re: C vs (H+L)/2 [part two]

Willem,
let me ask you a question :In your MF do you have full OHLC data ?
At least 3 of them C, H, L are involved in both sysI, sysII codes.
Please let me know.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "willem1940" <w.j.a.struyck@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dimitris,
> Thanks for explaining. It was clear to me that this system was
> particulary geared to ^NDX. I just wanted to experiment with the
> system and see the outcome. Actually the results as such are not
bad
> at all but I need some more work on it.
> If it helps you I am most happy to send you the data for the fund I
> experimented with. At this moment I have no particular points to
make
> for your intended study of the DAX. I have worked sofar with the
> Eurostoxx50 future. Again I have data if you would wish to work
with
> these futures.
> If I can be of any help please let me know.
>
> Willem Jan
>

> amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Willem,
> > thank you for your comments.
> > Before applying this code, please see the title
> > // Trade ^N225 with ^NDX data, II
> > It is an *experimental* study for the ^N225
> > The character of this index [and TokyoSE in general] is a bit
> > peculiar, as explained in many messages.
> > The best [to my knowledge] N100 systems have *very* poor results
> > applied to TSE.
> > I try to find a way to handle this difficult market and the sysI,
> > sysII seem to break the shell.
> > Please accept is as is.
> > It is far from a general system and, much more, to apply it to
DAX
> > and its components.
> > Since DAX is, IMO, closely depended on the leader N100, another
> study
> > will be posted for this market. Later, not now.
> > I would appreciate your comments for this study, since I do not
> trade
> > DAX stocks in regular basis.
> > Dimitris Tsokakis
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "willem1940"
<w.j.a.struyck@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have applied version I and II to a couple of Dutch MF of the
> > Robeco
> > > group, optimization over 2 years. As you mention with version
II
> > > number of trades increases (approx 5 to 7 trades vs. with
system
> > 1
> > > or 2 trades), but so does the number of trades with a loss.
> > Moreover
> > > the cumulative net profit of system I generally is more than
> double
> > > the result with system II. To make certain this was not just a
> > lucky
> > > shot I tried 5 other funds; the outcome is more or less the
same.
> > > My penny worth.
> > > Willem Jan
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dimitris Tsokakis"
> > <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
> > may
> > > have the same result with Ref(R,-1)==HHV(R,3);

> > (N,"C");

> > > between signals is shorter.
> > > help for better control.
> > reality !!
> > available,
> > > any opinions appreciated.

Buy 1, Get 1 FREE
Control Cravings & Hunger EZ! Fast Acting Natural Oral Spray - $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rJIe0D/99VGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM