[amibroker] Re: Calculating Stats

Fred,
Yes, I know what TEMA() does.[I hope the same for Steve]
Built-in amibroker TEMA() implements in AFL the well known TEMA
function. Built-in StochD() implements the well known Slow stochastic
oscillator. This is the difference.
We, the users, are not interested "how" amibroker TEMA() was written
by Tomasz, it is not our scope.
The only thing we need is to match amibroker TEMA() with the original
and international TEMA.
In this area, Tomasz is responsible enough [and sensitive enough] to
follow the international definitions. He also provided full
explanations whenever we asked, to ensure the users about the proper
use of built-in amibroker functions.
You were in this list some time ago, when we have had a *detailed*
discussion about DEMA and its EMA equivalent. Tomasz explained *any*
detail of the equivalence and some interesting lines were added in
AFL web function reference.
The users are not interested *how* Tomasz wrote DEMA. This is
probably a headache for the programmers [or the so called
programmers].
Your correlation was not successful, you compare unequal things and I
hope you understand very well.
On the other side, we were lucky enough to see in amibroker evolution
totally innovative functions as the AddToComposite() .
We, the users, are not interested *how* and *what* Tomasz did behind
the curtain.
We need full documentation for this function [and we have a lot],
full explanations for the operation [and we have direct and quick
replies to many questions] and, above all, a consistent and reliable
operation since we update the composite tickers everyday.
FYI, I run more than 100 composite tickers for a long time, I check
again and again the results [for a very simple reason, I trade the
results] and I can say I trust the consistency and functionality of
this unique tool.
It is very important to be able to trust a function non available in
other softwares and, IMO, Tomasz succeded to give this confidence to
the users.
In the beginning, two years ago, we were running a detailed jscript
[vbscript] to create the composite tickers. It was great, but a bit
slow. Some day, totally out of the blue, Tomasz came with a new
AddToComposite() function, to do the same job.
When I made the first runs I was surprised for the speed and, just
for fun, I asked Tomasz "How did you do it !!".
Of course it was a rhetoric question [or another way to say *thank
you*].
It was great, wonderful, super fast, consistent and this is what the
user needs.
Enough said, have a nice day !!
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <fctonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> To some degree this is nonsense when it comes to the functions of
> ABTool.  Unless you have looked at all the C++ code that Tomasz has
> written the indicators therein are to a large extent as much of
black
> box as the functions in ABTool.  Do you know what TEMA does ? or
half
> the other things in the list ?
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Wiser <slwiser@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hey...I just went to the web site and posted what I saw.  How was
> to know
> > it  was 69$.  Your extensive documentation I guess.
> >
> > Again you missed the point of your moving Amibroker into the
arena
> of a
> > Black Box.  This was in the first paragraph of my message and
> extensively
> > in the last and some in between.
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > >(BTW, the cited ABtool price is the price for use in
> > >commercial environments. Why haven't you cited the
> > >normal user price? ($ 69))

Buy 1, Get 1 FREE
Control Cravings & Hunger EZ! Fast Acting Natural Oral Spray - $19.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2866&lp=ezappetite3.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/rJIe0D/99VGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM