RE: [amibroker] To the list owner re DIMITRIS

<SPAN
class=080143914-08072003>UM,
You
asked for opinions...here is one.  You and many others have generously
shared valuable indicators,system designs and tools to the members of this list.
ABtool is one example. As long as the product is shared then this is a positive
venue for announcements of improvements/changes etc. Once that product makes the
jump to commercial then you cross into the gray area of Spam. It is no different
from esignal announcing a new version or offering a sale of their product. Like
esignal or quote tracker or quote plus  perhaps the better place to promote this
product is on the AB website where you could perhaps buy an advertisement space
from TJ and/or compensate him for sales generated by his product. The simple
fact that you used this site to s<SPAN
>urreptitiously <?xml:namespace prefix =
o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />beta test
your now commercial product does not IMO entitle you to using this site for free
promotion of the product beyond perhaps your initial product launch
announcement.
<SPAN
class=080143914-08072003>
I wish
you luck with your endeavor

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:uenal.mutlu@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 10:01
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] To the
list owner re DIMITRISI'm the author of the free and
commercial "ABtool" plugin and the "xxTrader" Sorting&Ranking Backtester
for AmiBroker.In my products I'm legally using licensed SDK (ADK) and
APIs of AmiBroker. The license terms of the ADK was recently postedto
the amibroker-dll group so everybody can read it. Everybody accepting the
license terms and using it legally is IMO business partner of
AmiBroker.comI'm get bored by the permanent badmouthings by the IMHO
sick guy called "DIMITRIS" of my own and other authors products.So I
want to go sure and ask the list owner, ie. TJ, officially:Q: Is
announcing of new versions of such tools and applications for AmiBroker
generally allowed or not to be posted in this group?Q: Is announcing of
new versions of commercial products relatedto AmiBroker allowed or
not?Q: Is announcing "free" tools/information related to AB allowed or
not?Q: Is DIMITRIS anyhow related to AmiBroker.com? Is he maybe the
company speaker or the moderator of this group? Is he a "better" or
priviledged user or member than any other AmiBroker user?I think
I don't speak only for myself and would encourage the otherauthors to post
their opionons and further questions too. We needa final clarification here.
And: imagine a new author: where else should he/she announce his product to
inform the AB users of the availabilityof a new plugin/tool/addon
etc.Yours Sincerely,Uenal Mutlu
(UM)www.xxsystems.comSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.