[amibroker] Re: [abtool] Commercial ABtool and 'xxsystems.com'

Ken,
thank you for your kind reply.
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris:
>
> Salil's short message was at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abtool/message/721

I donīt read this site.

> and my reply only spoke of general agreement of my surprise at
others
> having negative reactions to the news that ABTool was
now "commercial".

Did you expect anything different ? It was obvious long time ago...

> From several of your messages, I have gotten the impression that you
> have "missed" the core concept of the emotion and reaction that
these
> messages refer to .... please forgive me if I am wrong.

No, you are not wrong.

> You said in another message you were confused about version numbers
of
> 1.3, etc, when the version numbers were up at 4.39 etc.  This led
me to
> believe you were missing the point about ABTool, an adjunct piece of
> original software that works with Amibroker and which was developed
in a
> way to give people the impression it would remain freeware, when in
> fact, the author intended it go "go commercial".  Again, my
apologies if
> you know this, but your questions suggest otherwise.

Any reader of this *amibroker* list could be [and will be] confused
when he reads for version 1.3 and $69 etc. etc.
Some people need this list to speak for other products. They have
some reason to do it and they know better...

> Perhaps you would review a variety of the recent messages on the
abtool
> yahoo group list for further background.

Thanks for the info, but I am not interested for any peripherals
related to amibroker.
Some time ago Tomasz encouraged these efforts. He decided to do this.
I will not make any further comments.
Thanks again
Dimitris Tsokakis
> Ken

and 'xxsystems.com'

> [...]
> > delivered for little or no money (meaning the many many additions
> to AB
> > that only cost a modest upgrade fee every x months) (Witness the
> many
> > who have not upgraded and have a question that has been answered
in
> one
> > of the recent betas--which they do not have because they have not
> > upgraded).  This has ominous implications for others among this
> > community who may be contemplating some value-adding type of
> product for
> > which they would like to make some money.
> >
> > Two, perhaps this is a reaction to the relatively poor customer
> experienced
> > most of his replies to be responsive to customer requests, he
easily
> > slipped over into name calling and worse when some continually
> > questioned a technical issue (memory leakage comes to mind).  An
> easy
> > trap for an entrepreneur to fall into is to take personal affront
> > someone calling your "baby" flawed, when you "think" or "know" it
is
> > not.  The saying in America is "The customer is always right"
(even
> when
> > they are not).  Otherwise, you eventually lose the customer (and
> perhaps
> > more via word of mouth) or simply build up ill will which
eventually
> > limits sales.
> >
> > A third possible reason is "purely" the surprise idea of all of a
> sudden
> > being told that there is a charge for the new product and the
> surprise
> > this causes, especially after the investment of time in ABTool
and
> also
> > perhaps being in category 1 mentioned above.  Most new businesses
> hardly
> > ever announce ahead of time that the product they are "peeping"
> the
> > world will be going commercial because it gives would-be
> competitors a
> > leg up in preparing for a competitive response.  While this is
> doubly
> > true in the consumer products industry where I spent my entire
> career
> > (in product development and manufacturing engineering), it may be
> bit
> > of a stretch in the AB Add-on marketing world (small that it is).
> >
> > Any reactions to this, and are there any Amibroker Add-on
products
> that
> > the AB community would willingly and happily endorse and support
and
> > purchase--especially if the "tone" and "approach" of the potential
> > entrepreneur was aboveboard, polite, and helpful?

Save up to 80% on top-quality inkjet cartridges and get your order fast!
FREE shipping on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada. Shop at Myinks.com!
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/v2G7ND/KfUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM