Re: [amibroker] Re: I'm looking for a trading system to purchase!

From: "Fred" <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
size=2>>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 11:04
PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: I'm looking for a trading
system to purchase!

> Interesting ... I'd like to see how the short
side works since in the > states we're still only able to short stocks on
upticks.

One
major exception are ETFs (e.g., QQQ) which can even be shorted on a
downtick.

  So even > with overnight orders
expecting to get the opening, for example a > stock that closed at $12
today, opens at $11 tomorrow and keeps going > down to $10 before it has
an uptick to 10.01 it's of course the last > price that ones trade will
be at.  As far as limit and stop orders go > I agree but then of
course one does not get all the positions that > one goes after using
these and in a scalper type systems that by > their nature are expecting
average profit to be very small, using > stop/limit orders on exits might
at best be problematic.> > --- In <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki
Taga <<FONT
size=2>yukitaga@x...> wrote:>
> Hi Fred,> > > > Tuesday, July 8, 2003, 9:20:12 AM, you
wrote:> > > > F> And what do you allow and/or experience
for slippage ?> > > > For the most part, I don't.  Most
of my entries are either opens, or> > limits, or both. My exits are
almost always on opens.  So I get> > whatever the system is
testing. I also trade stuff where the bid and> > ask are adjacent to
each other most of the time, as well.> > > > When I lived in
the states "slippage" was pretty much a> > commodities-only term that
really meant "amount you were going to be> > flat-out cheated by the
floor broker or the firm you were trading> > with". ^_^ It could
certainly be a factor with illiquid stocks, but> > not with the ones I
stick to.> >  > > Best,> > > >
Yuki> > > > <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>mailto:yukitaga@x...>
---------------------~-->> Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online
Answer To Life's Important Questions.> <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM<FONT
size=2>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->>
> Send BUG REPORTS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send
SUGGESTIONS to <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href=""><FONT
size=2>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html<FONT
size=2> > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
<FONT
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
size=2> > >