[amibroker] Re: late buy arrow

Ron,

I am not sure that what follows will solve your problem as
my interpretation of what you are doing may not be the correct
one, but, here goes.

My assumption is that you have created a scan that identifies
all stocks that have "setup" for a buy on the next day.

Try using the scan like this:
1. Create a watchlist named "Setups".
2. Subsequently, after downloading EOD.
3. Use the following settings
    a. Apply to > all stocks
    b. Range > n last days > n = 1
4. Run scan
5. Right click on results > add to watchlist > select "Setups"
6. You now have a watchlist that contains only those stocks
   in your database that are "setup" for purchase tommorrow.
7. On subsequent days, before running the scan, right click on
   "Setups" in the symbol tree > erase(make empty).  You now have
   removed all old setups and are ready to run the scan for
   the current day.

You will not have any arrows in the chart of the "setup" stocks,
but, you will not need them as only stocks that are indeed
"setup" will be included.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tony

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> Mr Valley, I am quite new at using AA, and I am using Yahoo
>EOD .data.  So far, I have always clicked on the SCAN button when I
>run AA.  I ran this scan for about a three month period of time up
>to when I posted the problem.   In a backtest, it makes sense that
>you would want your profit/loss results to reflect the fact that you
>can't actually buy a stock until the next day.  However, what about
>when I get home from work and  download that day's EOD data, and
>then run a scan looking for a stock to possibly purchase the next
>day.  This situation requires that the buy arrow must be placed
>directly above the current day, because the next has not even
>happened yet.   I just rechecked this scan, making sure that I ran
>it on current day only, but the buy arrow was still placed on the
>day after that an open=close day occurred.  I am going to try to
>think of other price specific things to scan for to see if all such
>scans are a day late.  Ron  D

Inkjet cartridges up to 80% off. HP, Epson, Lexmark--we have your brand.
Free shipping on every order to the U.S. and Canada! Excellent service.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWB0QC/.eUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM